Thursday, April 26, 2007

Fascist America, in 10 easy steps

I know what I know,but as a "writer" my biggest difficulty is organizing my thoughts in a coherent fashion so that they can be presented and understood by those who read them. I fully recognize that others are much better at this, so when I see an article on a subject that is as important to me as it should be to you, and written with more clarity and logic than I could ever muster, I am going to do us both a service and refer you to it. This is a case in point.

Naomi Wolf, writing in The Guardian, uses examples of how other dictatorships have come into being around the world, and draws chilling parallels showing that the U.S. is well along the same dark path.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2064157,00.html

If you value freedom, if you value democracy, if you value the lives of yourself and others, don't dare pass this off as a malcontents rant. Get involved in any way that you can to help stop and reverse this awful slide into a police state. Scream and shout, write to the newspapers, contact your elected officials (constantly), join activist organizations like the ACLU, MoveOn.org,People For the American Way, Progressive States, etc. Passivity is another form of suicide, so don't be lazy or claim you're too busy, because your freedoms will be much harder to regain than they were to lose.

No comments: