Friday, April 6, 2007

John Edwards in 2008 (so far)

David Sirota, my absolute favorite progressive writer, has written a cogent in-depth analysis on the positions of the three major Democratic candidates for President-Clinton, Obama, and Edwards. His article is exceptional, primarily because it mirrors my own views on these candidates almost exactly, as you can see from my previous posts.

http://www.workingforchange.com/blog/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=BEAA1AD7-E0C3-F084-D74FE7E45E334D6E

My only criticism of his piece is that it makes no mention of Dennis Kucinich, who is light years ahead of the others in true progressive thought, but light years behind in fund raising.If this fact doesn't make a case for full public financing of elections nothing will.

Nonetheless, at least at this stage in the game, it appears that John Edwards is the straightest shooter among the "big three" and deserves all of the support we can give him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This has absolutely nothing to do with the article or your endorsement of Edwards. Bush has actually suggested something that I agree with and have yet to find fault with. His immigration plan is one that I actually can live with. It is not perfect but it is better than what was proposed awhile back.
"Many were angry about a White House plan that would grant illegal immigrants work visas but require them to return home to apply for U.S. residency and pay a $10,000 fine." In my opinion, this punishes the illegals for breaking the law and still gives them a chance to come back to be productive citizens that will contribute to the betterment of our society.
One can only hope that enforcement of this policy is done in a quick and timely manner. When they catch an illegal that hasn't not taken the proper channels to be here they send them back to wherever they came from without having to put up with alot of bullsh_t.
As I type this, I realize I don't know what other terms and conditions apply, does the entrant need to have a basic understanding of English? Are there harsh penalties for not following the rules? Will this open the door for even more workers than we have now? Will this drain our resources even further (schools, hosopitals, police etc...)I guess I need to find out more. From what I have read so far, I will support this plan until there is evidence presented that causes me actually think this all the the way through.

Mike